Thursday, March 24, 2011

Part 3

Startled, Crystal shot her gun sending a bullet in the air.

“Scared of a little pussy cat?” Jason walked up behind her laughing.


“Shut up. The stupid thing caught me off guard. Besides I hate cats.” Once again she felt embarrassed in front of Jason. She was supposed to be an experienced hunter, yet cats were frightening her.

“Well I managed to get the door open while you shot at an innocent cat.” He continued to laugh.

Crystal thought differently. ‘Cats are all but innocent’ she mumbled. She’d seen the small felines transform into creatures of your darkest nightmares more than once.

The inside of the house was much like the outside; cold and damp. Crystal felt dirty just from breathing in the thick stale air.


“Ugh, it smells like grandma in here” she held her nose.

Jason laughed, “Well maybe there’s a grandma here. You check upstairs and I’ll look down here.”

….

A thick film of dust covered the furniture in Sara’s bedroom.

“Crystal…” A voice whispered her name. She was used to demons playing these sorts of tricks, but this voice was familiar. A wave of nausea hit her when the voice said her name again, this time louder. It sounded like her deceased mother.


“Shut up, shut up, shut up!” She said angrily to the voice. It was relentless and would not stop calling her until she raised her gun in its general direction. “I said SHUT UP!!”

….

“I heard you yelling up there. Everything okay?”

Crystal walked into the living room where Jason was. “Uh, yeah everything is fine. I found Sara’s diary. This is definitely our girl.”

“Lay it down for me sistah.”


Crystal rolled her eyes at Jason’s comical attitude and opened the diary. “Well she goes on to talk about how much she hated her step father. He abused Sara and her mother verbally and physically often.” She skipped through a few more pages until she found what she was really looking for.

“Okay now check this." Crystal began to read Sara's diary.

‘Today I met this woman. I thought she was crazy at first because she kept telling me how she could fix my powers. She knew about Roderick being abusive! The woman told me that she could grant me special powers. I can’t lie…I’m VERY curious.’…. ‘Well I went to Madame Lilly’s. That’s the woman’s name. She was telling the truth! She really did give me powers! And you know what I did? Roderick was first. I lured him out to the backyard one night while mom was at work. I gave him the story that some hogs were in his garden. When he found out I lied he charged me. Madame Lilly told me I could be as creative as I wanted to be so I made him burn from the inside. Oh the look on his face! Now mom and I can live a better life.’

“So abused girl talks to some lady and is granted powers.” Jason stated rubbing his chin.

“And she’s using this power to possess others in the town? That makes no sense.” Crystal continued to flip through the girl’s diary looking for clues but found nothing. “I do not understand this; why involve others? What’s her MO?”

“You got me suga, but now that we have a name maybe we can get somewhere. Let’s head to Maria’s. She may know where this Lilly chick lives.”

….

Upon arriving at Maria’s, Crystal could feel something was wrong. Maria not answering her phone didn’t help. It was eerily quiet outside, so quiet you could hear a pin drop from a mile away. Jason knocked on the door a few times. “Dammit! She has to hear me knocking.”


“It’s late maybe she fell asleep.”

“Nah, that woman can hear for miles.”

“Do you think something is wrong, Jason?”

Rather than answering Crystal’s question, Jason took out his gun and proceeded to breaking down the front door. “Maria! Where are you?”

Silence was the only response and not too soon after entering the home they found out why. A trail of blood led around the corner.


Lying slumped against the living room wall was Maria. “What the hell happened? Maria!”

The two knelt down in front of her, but they already knew the outcome.

“She’s gone…I can’t believe it.”

“I’m so sorry Jason.” Death was something Crystal knew all too well. She decided that Jason deserved a moment alone and headed outside. The rain was finally starting to let up and the temperature seemed to drop nearly twenty degrees.


“You don’t belong here girl.” A raspy voice growled. She turned to face a middle ages man. His hollow eyes gave him a death like appearance.

“Is that so? And you’re going to make me leave?” Crystal challenged.


“No, WE are!” Out of nowhere a woman appeared and gave Crystal a devastating blow to the stomach knocking the wind out of her. She tried to call out to Jason, but had no air to talk.


The two possessed took turns slamming their fist and knees into her. Somehow she managed to deflect on blow and regained her footing. She swung with all her might and made contact with the possessed woman’s face. Her jaw slacked as the bone cracked and gave way to the hit.


“Jason!” Crystal finally called out right as a third demon showed up.


Once again he came to her rescue, though this time she wasn’t completely helpless.

It took longer than they hoped but they were able to take out each individual.


“You okay Crystal? Jason frowned at the blood trickling down her split lip.


“Yeah, I’m good thanks.” She huffed wiping up the blood. “What about you? I’m sorry about what happened to Maria.”

“Me too. C’mon let’s go. We need to get you patched up and come up with a plan.”

Crystal found it odd that they weren’t going to search the house for clues, but she also liked the idea of leaving. She was tired and wanted nothing but rest.

End

9 comments:

  1. WHOA! First, first. I hope I am...

    Your shots are beautiful. I'm glad it was just a cat, and not some demon, that grabbed her. It's sad what happened to Maria, but if I was Crystal I'd be curious as to why Jason didn't mention anything about her death, and why they left the place so quickly. What's he hiding?

    Wonder how many of the possessed are roaming the town?

    Loved this! Especially the fight scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG action packed! I was happy it was only a cat that jumped at her but wtf is up with those possessed? people?
    So sad about Maria!
    Jason has me curious now.

    CLIFFHANGERS... I'm going to shake you!!!
    Beautiful shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cat!!!! (or WAS it??? Maybe a demon that changed form before she saw it???)

    And so sad about Maria, but Jason doesn't seem to be acting like I'd think he would...Hmmmmmm.

    And Sarah must know they're onto her, if she's sending all these possessed souls after them. (and Maria?) Or is this Madame Lily setting her up? So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL yep you were fist Val! aww thanks :) I'm glad you like the shots.
    Yea I know what you mean about Jason's attitude about loosing his friend. Maybe he knew something....

    Qui...the possessed people, they'll be explained a little better in the next part or the one after that. They're just a tad bit crazy =p lol
    Don't shake me!!! I thought I did less of a cliff hanger that time. lol

    Lol! Yea it was just a cat Jilly, but you've given me some ideas...
    Jason is acting a little fishy isn't he?
    Lady you're giving me all kinds of ideas with your comments! I love it!

    Thank you all for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poor cat was probably more scared than they were! LOL!!

    OMG!! Your fight scene was awesome!!!! Loved it and hope to see more of them! As long as Jason and Crystal end up okay that is!:P

    Your shots are amazing! Poor Maria! :( That's so sad but I knew it was coming! *sigh*

    I love this story so much! Sorry for being late in commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent fight scene, I have just started reading and I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sheesh im just seeing these comments. i suck!! :(
    thank you both for commenting!!

    lol yea surprisingly that cat didn't try to rip crystals eyes out for shooting.
    yaaay! the fight scene was my favorite too! i had too much fun on it. lol

    phoenix do NOT apologize for commenting late! any time is a good time lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAYYUUMMM!!

    They was whopping some ass! lol
    By the way your pictures are great :)
    ANd I really laughed out loud when I saw that it was just a cat sneaking up on Cystal

    and NO! They killed Maria :( I thought I really wasn gonna enjoy her :/

    even thought I think theres somethiung fishy about Jason I love his personality :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh poor Maria, she seemed like a sweetie.

    openin' a can of whoop ass i see=)

    looks like this may be bigger than the both of them,hoping they will be able to handle whatever is going on.

    ......edenz~

    ReplyDelete